Significant growth in 2020 as online sales increased during the pandemic
62% increase in revenue by month four
120% increase in ROI by month four
At Don’t Buy Her Flowers, thoughtful gifting is key, with their range of bespoke gift packages the physical manifestation of sending a reassuring hug. Needed more than ever during a year of COVID-19 pandemic, their sales from paid media campaigns had already seen significant growth with more people shopping online. This success meant more media spend was available, but the challenge was how to sustain this growth in a competitive digital market and as the high street reopened. The goal – to drive continued increased revenue, ROI and conversion rates. Cobb Digital was brought on board to address this through PPC campaigns.
Our strategy has included a full-funnel approach to ensure Don’t Buy Her Flowers is present at each stage of the decision-making process in selecting thoughtful gifts – brand awareness had already increased but we wanted to build out campaigns for other key gifting occasions and focus on smart bidding strategies such as target ROAS to increase ROI.
Our solution included:
- A full audit of the Google Ads account to optimise existing campaigns and drive more efficiency of spend
- Building out the account with new campaigns for other gifting opportunities, including Thank You gifts, Kids and Corporate gifting
- Using Google’s Affinity and In-Market audiences to target shoppers with higher intent to purchase
- Developing shopping, remarketing and display campaigns for brand awareness and re-engaging non-converters
- Moving to a ROAS model, with campaigns optimised to drive return on investment for ad spend, rather than setting specific budgets (though a maximum budget was defined)
Our approach, and specifically shifting to the ROAS model strategy, resulted in a 62% increase in direct revenue from PPC campaigns by month four, with ROI increasing 120%. Acknowledging the role paid media has for Don’t Buy Her Flowers in helping to convert customers via other channels, the total ROI (including assisted revenue from paid search) also increased by 115% in the same period.
We are continuing to help Don’t Buy Her Flowers build on this success for the remainder of 2020 and beyond.