The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is undoubtedly one of 2017’s hot topics. GDPR will have a huge impact on marketing, with significant changes to the existing Data Protection Act.
This guide summarises what you can expect from the updated laws and what you’ll need to do in order to comply. Once your team have understood the upcoming GDPR it is essential to review your entire strategy and processes. By doing so you will ensure that you are well equipped to make the necessary changes and updates in good time.
- Why the GDPR is on its way
- What the fines and penalties will look like
- Key updates to the existing Data Protection Act
- Tips and guidelines on how to collect valid consent from customers and prospects
- Database requirements that you’ll need to implement
- What exactly is data profiling and processing and what changes you’ll need to make to comply
- A handy checklist to ensure that your business is fully compliant by May 2018
- A glossary to translate the most commonly used GDPR jargon so that you will understand the regulation better
Don’t leave it to late – start preparations to ensure your business is legal and fully compliant by 2018.